Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Siney & Elizabeth Lewis

Excerpt from Jennie Lewis Hullinger "Personal Record"


Elizabeth Coleman and Siney Lewis Sr. on their Wedding Day.

"My father Siney Lewis Sr. and Elizabeth Coleman, both pioneers of Utah, moved to Ashley Valley in the year 1896 from Midway, Wasatch Co. Utah. They were eight days on the road. My half brother William age sixteen drove the cattle. And with their household goods and a family of nine children they came here while the Valley was still in its early stages of settlement."

"Father had previously made a trip here and had liked the looks of the country. They came in June when crops looked at their very best and they felt it an ideal place to settle."

"They bought a 60 acre farm in Glines Ward near the Measer Ward line, from a man named Alf Anderson."

"Glines Mtg House. First Chapel Mother (Jennie) Attended."

"It was four years later on Dec. 6, 1900 on my mother's 44th birthday that I made my appearance into this world. The twelfth child, with four older living brothers and six older sisters. Their names in their order were: David, Lenora, Annie, Minnie, Siney, Franklin, Mary, Georgiana, Chas (Charles), Aaron, and Birdie. And contrary to most cases I wasn't very much wanted especially by my older brothers and sisters. My mother's health was very poor and they had previously had a baby just eighteen months before, which satisfied all desires for a baby in the home, and one more was just another one for my sisters to care for."


Siney & Elizabeth Lewis Family. Jennie is the Dark Haired baby in front, on her Mother's Lap.

1 comment:

  1. Did your brother Aaron marry Trilby? If so, that was my biological grandfather. I would like to learn more about him.

    ReplyDelete