Sunday, July 8, 2012

Will of David Trail Jr.


David Trail II  (Father of Basil Trail, Solomon, Duritha, Siney, Harold Everett Hullinger) was born in 1712 in Fredrick Co. Maryland.  In 1778 at the age of 66 he signed the Maryland Oath of Fidelity or Allegiance* as an American Patriot.

He aided in the American cause as a Civilian Patriot by providing wheat for for use by the military in 1780. On 10 of Dec 1781 David Trail Jr. (II) died.  The following is his Will and can be found here.

16. David TRAIL II,13 was born in 1712 in Fredrick Co. Maryland and died on 10 Dec 1781 in Fredrick Co. Maryland at age 69.
General Notes: Per Jackie McAbee:

Notes for David Trail II:
Private, Class 8, 5th. Co., Middle Battalion. Montgomery Co., Maryland.
Oath of Loyalty: 1778 Maryland.

In 1751 David Trail signed a petition to divide Fredrick Co., Maryland.
David II took the Oath of Allegiance before the Hon. Gerrard Brisco on March 2, 1778. At that time he was living in the Seneca Hundred, Montgomery Co. Maryland. He aided the American cause by providing wheat for use of the military in 1780.
Source: March Court, 1778, Rev. Records of Maryland,(Rockville, Montgomery Co. MD.

Will of David Trail II

In the Name of God Amen. I David Trail Sen. Of Frederick County in the Province of Maryland, Planter, being infirm of Body, but in perfect health do make and Ordain this my last Will and Testament in order following: That is to say I give and recommend my Soul into the hand of almighty God that gave it, and my Body I recommend to the Earth to be decently interred at this discretion of my executor, and touching such worthy estate as it pleased God to bless me with I will and bequeath in the following manner and form-
I will and bequeath unto my beloved Son David Trail a certain Tract of Land called Locust Thickett lying and being in the county aforesaid to him and his Heirs forever.
Item I will and bequeath unto my beloved Son Basil Trail a certain Tract of Land called Roses delight in the County aforesaid, to him and his Heirs forever. Also a certain Tract of Land adjoining the above mentioned Tract, known by the name of the Younger Brother, to him and his Heirs forever.
Item I will and bequeath unto my beloved Daughters Massa, Casandra, and Darkus Trail, one Feather Bed, each with the furniture belonging thereto.
Item I will and bequeath unto my Beloved Son Basil Trail one Feather Bed with the Furniture thereto belonging -
Item I will and bequeath unto my three Daughters: Massa, Casandra and Darkus Trail, a Cow and Calf, or Cow and Yearling each, likewise one Ewe and Lamb a piece.
Item I will and bequeath unto my beloved Wife Margrett Trail, a Negro Girl called Amy, during her Widowhood, but in case she should marry, the said Wench to be Sold, and the money thencwarising to be equally divided among my Children.
Item I will and bequeath the remaining part of my personal Estate, after my just debts and Funeral expenses are fully satisfied, that remaining part to be equally divided among my Children -
Item I hereby constitute make and ordain my beloved Son David Trail sole Executor of this my last Will and Testament; and I do hereby utterly disallow revoke and disannul all and every other former Testament and Wills by me in any ways before named, willed, or bequeathed ratifying and confirming this and no other to be my last Will and Testament. In Witness whereof I have here untouched my hand and Seal this fifth day of March, One Thousand Seven Hundred and Seventy five
Signed, sealed, published, and pronounced by the said David Trail Sen. As his last Will and Testament in the presence of these who, in his presence and the presence of each other have here unto subscribed our names.
David D Trail
His mark
Jhn Hilleary
Joseph West, Sen.
Abraham Holland AH-his mark
David married Margaret WEST in 1749 in Maryland. Margaret was born in 1729 in Fredrick Co. Maryland and died on 14 Feb 1807 in Spartanburg County, South Carolina at age 78.
Children from this marriage were:

          i.  David TRAIL III (born in 1750 in Montgomery Co., Maryland - died on 29 Jul 1831 in Spartanburg County, South Carolina). David married Elizabeth FRYER in 1776 in Maryland. Elizabeth was born about 1754 in Fredrick Co. Maryland and died before 1831 in Spartanburg County, South Carolina.
8        ii.  Basil TRAIL (born in 1751 in Fredrick Co. Maryland - died in 1812 in Sumner County TN). Basil married Barbara FRYER. Barbara was born in Maryland and died in Spartanburg County, South Carolina.
        iii.  Cassandra TRAIL (born in 1754 in Fredrick Co. Maryland - died in Spartanburg County, South Carolina). Cassandra married Benjamin PEAKE. Benjamin was born in 1758, died in 1832 in Spartanburg County, South Carolina at age 74, and was buried peake-Hamm cemetery on Dutchman Creek in Friendship Community, Spartanburg Co., SC.
         iv.  Massa TRAIL (born in 1754 in Fredrick Co. Maryland)
          v.  Dorcas TRAIL (born on 14 Dec 1759 in Montgomery Co., Maryland - died in 1817 in Spartanburg County, South Carolina). Dorcas married Osborne WEST on 19 Nov 1778 in Montgomery Co., Maryland. Osborne was born on 2 Oct 1749 in Montgomery Co., Maryland and died on 30 Mar 1814 in Spartanburg County, South Carolina at age 64.

No comments:

Post a Comment